Inspired by the rising sun and too energized to go to sleep despite the fact that I have been up all night waiting for a miracle thanks to the most bullshitty internet connection in the planet I have decided spend this time to consolidate a list of things I’ve learned during my 25 years of existence.
1. You can never have too many journals. I have about six or seven at hand and they’re all empty. I must find time to write in them soon.
2. Unless you’re extremely upset, no one in the entire customer service industry will help you. Believe me, I’ve worked in the industry for three years and I know what they’re playing at.
3. Loyalty matters.
4. Candy Crush is emotionally damaging, it’ll come to a point where you’d want to break down and just cry.
5. Best friends forever don’t exist. It’ll come to a point that your friendship will end sooner than forever.
6. On that note, you’d also want to know that people will always leave so don’t get too attached. It will hurt like hell.
7. Friends who boss you around and try to manipulate you, aren’t your friends. Get rid of them.
8. No matter how close you are, not even if he is your best friend’s boyfriend, he is still a boy. It’s not going to end well after 2 liters of beer and 5 shots of god-knows-what.
9. You have absolutely no right to feel bad about a client’s complaint, no matter what they say. If you feel bad about it, you have no business working in a company that caters to providing service.
10. You’ll always realize that staying up too late was a bad idea when you have to get up early the next day.
11. If there’s a way to do things online, do it. It’s a hundred times better than standing in line with fifty other people.
12. If you paid for it, you have the right to complain about it. No one can tell you otherwise.
13. It’s never too late to go to school.
14. Natalie Portman is a timeless beauty and Johnny Depp is just amazing.
15. It’s easy to let go, but it’s extremely hard to move on. So don’t beat yourself about it.
16. Do something that makes you happy. Never choose otherwise.
17. It’s perfectly fine to be selfish.
18. Always trust your instincts.
19. It’s okay to be a jerk, given the situation calls for it.
20. Less expectations, less disappointments.
21. Mind your manners. You we’re not raised by a pack of wolves, don’t act like an animal.
22. Never cross boundaries, especially with friendship. You’re allowed a certain level of intervention, don’t go beyond that.
23. Never stop dreaming.
24. Once your friends start talking behind your back, trust me, they’re not worth it.
25. Read. It doesn’t matter if you’re reading a Shakespearean play or the back of the shampoo bottle, read.
26. Be compassionate.
27. Take photos. It pays to keep memories frozen in time.
28. Not everyone can understand your frustrations, don’t expect them to. People who care wouldn’t need an explanation, people who don’t won’t listen to you.
29. Respect people’s choice of faith or lack of faith.
30. When you’re wrong, say you’re sorry.
31. You know you’re getting older when you’d rather choose to eat out with friends rather than spend all night drinking and getting drunk.
32. Take one step at a time. Don’t rush life we’re never getting out of it alive.
33. There are friends that you want to talk to about every single detail of your life, and there are friends you just want to see once in a year. Don’t feel guilty about it, that’s just how life is.
34. Never underestimate the power of your words. A little discouragement can destroy people.
35. Take time to learn something new everyday. Don’t stay stuck, life will bore you out.
36. Never let your boss exploit you. Never. If you’re good at something; get well-paid for doing it.
37. Get some sunshine every now and then. There’s nothing worse than an indoor zombie.
38. Learn from your mistakes, don’t beat yourself about them. We all learn by experience.
39. Be thankful for the people who hate you. They make you a stronger person.
40. People hate you for two things; you’re either better than them or you stood up for something you believed in.
41. Relive your childhood once in a while; color, play, watch cartoons, anything. It keeps you young. It keeps you happy.
42. Less is always more.
43. When asked a question, never answer with an ‘I don’t know.’ It makes you sound stupid.
44. You can’t always have what you want. Acceptance is the key. There’s no point in wallowing in self-pity.
45. There is always better than your best. Strive for improvement.
46. Never give up on trying to be the best at what you do.
47. Don’t step on other people just to get what you want.
48. Break records but be consistent.
49. Chocolate have endorphins. Stock up on happy hormones.
50. Sometimes people just want to be left alone, give them the space that they need.
51. Everyone is broken, all we need is someone to fix us and put us back together.
52. Age doesn’t equate to maturity.
53. It doesn’t matter how tough we are, heartbreaks will always scar us.
54. Actions speak louder than words but actions without words is confusing.
55. Never be late. It’s a very unruly habit.
56. Knowing your limits doesn’t make you any less of a person.
57. People like to say nice things, kiss your ass and sweet talk you but not all those people really mean what they say. Be careful.
58. Friends grow apart. Refer to #6. In light of this, you don’t always have to be the one left behind, you can leave too.
59. It’s always okay to miss those people who leave or you left, it’s also okay to let them know that. But always be reminded of #56.
60. Guard your heart, always.
61. Suicide is never an option. It’s unfair to the people who love you, it’s unfair to those willing to fight for you. Don’t give up on yourself, don’t give up on them, don’t be a selfish prick.
62.People get tired. Try not to be a pain. No matter how patient those people are, they have a limit too.
63. Forgive people who have hurt you. Forgiving means letting go of the reason you got hurt. Accept it and move on.
64. There’s always a first time for everything. Enjoy life.
65. We grow up.
66. The city skyline is breathtaking at night.
67. No matter how old you are, you will always want to have your mom or dad around.
68. As much as you don’t want to admit it, your siblings are probably the best people you will ever have.
69. You can have your cake and eat it too.
70. Everything will be okay.
71. People will disappoint you, it’s just a matter of understanding and accepting this fact.
72. All is well.
73. Happiness is an option. It’s always an option. Choose to be happy.